Your dog is an important member of your family, so you are of course welcome to bring them with you for stays in Rooms 7 to 10. We do have some strict rules regarding this, which are in place to ensure the enjoyment of all users of The Ferry House – guests and local land owners alike.
- A charge of £20 per stay will be made for your dog.
- Up to two well trained dogs are permitted with our prior consent in Rooms 7 to 10 and must be confirmed in writing to you. If you do not inform us prior to your stay that a dog is staying then you will have this amount deducted from your security deposit. If you have mistakenly booked a non-dog room and haven’t let us know you are bringing your dog, then we may not have a dog-friendly room available.
- Dogs must be kept on leads on the premises and not allowed to upset the local wildlife, waterfowl or farm animals. Please remember land owners are within the law to shoot loose dogs that are chasing their animals – hence this rule is strictly in place for your own animal’s safety.
- Please only walk on public footpaths, and do not trespass at any time on private land. We will happily supply you with information on wonderful local walks.
- If walking near the Mocketts Farm Cottages, the reservoir to the side/rear of the cottages is strictly no access at any time under any circumstances as this is privately owned and protected land, and is monitored 24/7.
- Dogs are not permitted on furniture and we cannot accept responsibility for their safety. Throws and decorative cushions will be removed from the room for the comfort of future guests who may have fur allergies.
- Under no circumstances should the dog be left unattended in the room without a suitable crate/provisions made.
- Please note if you do not clean up after your dog a charge of £20-£50 will be made if we have to clear up after your check out. This relates to dog mess on the premises, excessive mud or excessive fur that demonstrates that dogs have been allowed on the furniture.